ABOUT MARY WALLACE
As you may know I have represented the people of Meath in Dail Eireann from 1989 to 2011.
Who is Mary Wallace?
- First elected to Meath County Council at 22 years of age in 1982
- Elected to Seanad Éireann June 1987
- Elected to Dáil Éireann as a Fianna Fáil TD from 1989 to 2011
- Minister of State at Dept of Justice, Equality & Law Reform 1997-2002
- Appointed Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture and Food on the 14th February 2006
- Appointed Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children (with special responsibility for
- Health Promotion and Food Safety) from May 2008 to April 2009
Mary lives at Fairyhouse, Ratoath and is married to Declan Gannon. Mary and Declan have one son, Tom.
Mary was born on her parents farm and enjoys her work representing the people of rural Co Meath on issues such as rural dwellings for local people and the many issues that arise for farm families.
Mary welcomes the wonderful contribution which the many new residents who have come to live in Meath East, especially over the past 10 years, are making to the community and sporting life.
She believes that her work throughout Meath East to encourage expansion of education and communities is paramount in catering for both existing and new residents.
Mary is happy to meet with the many community and sporting groups working in these areas to continue to develop these facilities.
Thank you very much for your visit!